As a young graduate engineer you will dive into projects at our most innovative
departements, from our process equipment in Production departments Steel plan and Hot
Rolling Mill to do projects on new investments, automation missions, projects in Supply
Chain and Continuous Improvement.
You will be involved in the development and optimization of plant components, processes
in steel production and their further processing with regard to quality, costs and delivery
– Start with a permanent contract of 2 years across all the department and then choose your
– First, be immersed in an onboarding program for 2 months (get to know our organization,
our products, our customers, our production facilities, our people and values).
– Then, together with the HR department we’ll choose 2 innovative projects :from
maintenance & reliability engineer or project engineer to operations engineer or quality
engineer or automation engineer: each specialization has its innovative projects ( safety
improvements, robotisation, quality, monitoring, production,…) with which we really make a
Best of all? You can count on freedom throughout your TTP, supported with the necessary
technical mentoring and coaching, following a guided learning path on both technologies and
processes. At the end of your TTP (2 years) we will decide together with you in which department
you will start on a more permanent basis.
● You have a master’s degree in civil or industrial engineering. You will graduate in the
academic year 2022 – 2023, have just graduated or have a maximum of 2 years of work
● You have a master’s in electro-mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, mechanics, material
science, chemistry, statistics, mathematics, computer science, architecture, civil
● You have analytical skills – You can easily keep an overview and can break a project or
situation into different aspects.
● You are a problem-solver – You focus on finding the fastest, most efficient solution.
● You are motivated, driven and enthusiastic.
● You like challenges.
● You are flexible.
● You are driven by creativity and innovation and you are eager to learn and share.
● You are a strong team player.
● You strive to make things better.
● You are ready to work in a heavy industrial environment but eager to apply modern
analytical and problem solving techniques
● You are a good communicator.
● You can speak French and English (or are willing to learn). Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
● Unique insights – In 2 years you will get to know our most innovative activities and you will
get a unique picture of our company, our mission and our vision for the future.
● Broad network – You get to know subject specialists from all corners of Aperam, a social
and knowledge-enriching network
● Permanent contract – You start your TTP with a permanent contract and are therefore
certain of the next step after your first years with us.
● Attractive salary package – In addition to a competitive salary, you receive fringe benefits
such as group insurance, meal vouchers, company car…