It’s our goal to build a HSE culture in the Aperam Châtelet plant which is based on the HSE group strategy.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Building a HSE culture inside the Aperam Châtelet plant.
- Partnering with management team, workers, unions and Plant Manager to reach a “0 accidents” culture throughout the plant
- Implementing and rolling out this system to develop a Safety Culture in the site supporting HR and Plant Managers improving HSE KPIs
- Proposing and communicating HSE policies, ensuring that the plant is are complying with European and local regulations in EHS, supporting local management
- Leading and giving guidelines to local HSE team and plant management
- Develop and emphasize behaviours, by improving safety empowerment and commitment on the shop floor and within the organization, as part of Continuous Improvement (CI), sharing safety leadership for creating additional value to the Company Performance, considering safety is the key for quality assets
- Promote engineering improvements in a “set from design” mindset for assets
- Develop training to help create a safety shared mindset within management and operating roles, creating Change Management into the total organization
- Support investigation and recommend actions for major EHS accidents
- Recommend action plans after audits
- Ensure that EHS accidents return on experience and best professional practices are shared inside the organization between sites and also inside transversal supports as well within other regions
- Manage internal and external relationships on behalf government requirements and internal policy compliance
Work together with the operational sites and related departments to coordinate business resiliency/continuity planning to reduce impact on operations when disasters or any mission critical-impact event occurs (risk assessment skills).
You have a Master Degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of experience in a similar role
Next to that you are holder of a Safety and Health Degree level 1 and a degree as Environmental Coordinator level A.
You are a People Manager with excellent project management skills.
You are fluent in French, English